Small medieval village from the 12th century, Bormes-les-Mimosas has a rich historical heritage and an undeniable charm.
A medieval Provence village
Walking through its small streets and squares, you will be seduced by this authentic Provençal village’s charm on the side of a hill. Monuments built between the 12th and the 18th century demonstrate the medieval city’s history: Saint-François de Paule and Notre-Dame de Constance chapels, Saint-Trophyme church or the Lords of Fos’ castle perfectly represent the historical and architectural heritage of Bormes-les-Mimosas.
A flowery village
The town of Bormes added its suffix “les-Mimosas” in 1968, because of the abundant presence of this tree belonging to the acacia family on the village’s lands. Blooming between January and March, mimosa then covers the village with its yellow coat. Every year, during the last weekend of February, a colourful event takes place in the village: the Corso Fleuri. Floats nicely decorated with colourful flowers parade through the streets of the medieval city.
Until 1913, Lavandou was attached to Bormes-les-Mimosas and was then the fishermen’s district of the village.